Design elements of IRLamp3 arrays...
- Compact and field rugged
- Completely solid state, no filaments to burn out
- Efficient use of battery power, put the energy into light, waste
as little as possible and carry a smaller battery
- Produces bright light with a beam angle suited to most video cameras
- The wavelength of the light is
just long enough to not be visually disturbing to most wildlife, but
short enought to fall within the sensitivity of most video cameras
- Input voltage designed around using common and easily charged
12V sealed lead-acid batteries
- Under voltage lockout turns off the lamp when the battery is exausted,
avoiding over-discharge of the battery
The IRLamp3 is the result of two
years of development and field experience videotaping bats in Southern
Arizona and is the third model built and used in wildlife work.